Am i ready for an SME-i submission?
- The spirit of the SME instrument is to support innovative and excellent business opportunities.
- Its objective is to identify how the business opportunities presented could act on the proposed market and thus benefit the SME in terms of growth and employment.
1. BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY
- It is the economic, social, industrial, environmental, and so on context in which the innovation is conceived and will develop:
- Identification of problems to be solved / challenges to be addressed
- Objectives and expected results
- The concept of innovation and its disruptiveness
- The methodology chosen
- The criteria of success in relation to the existing
2. FEASIBILITY STUDY
- It is a technological and financial assessment that includes:
- A user / client analysis
- A study of market potential
- A state of international competition
- A plan for the management of intellectual property
- The identificaiton of the regulatory context
3. BUSINESS MODEL
- The business model includes a business plan and a business strategy aimed at exploiting and disseminating innovation:
- It identifies the growth potential of innovation (number of users) and SME (turnover, profit, etc.)
- It sets out the measures to be implemented to ensure rapid market access
- It defines a detailed and credible business strategy.
4. MANAGEMENT CAPACITY
- It is a question of presenting the modalities of implementation, the operational and financial capacities of the project leader:
- Competence and know-how of the company
- General work plan and deliverables
- Structure and procedure of project management
- Ethics and security where appropriate