How to develop a proposal?
Evaluation criteria overview
Excellence: Credibility of the approach, soundness of concept, clarity and pertinence of the objectives, extent of ambition, innovation potential
Impact: As explained in Work Programme, exploitation communication and dissemination plan
Quality & Efficiency of Implementation: Coherence, effectiveness, complementarity in the consortium, risk and innovation management, appropriateness of management structures and procedures
- Objectives should be consistent with the expected exploitation and impact of the project;
- Describe research and innovation activities linked with the project;
- Describe the advance of your project beyond the state-of-art, and the extent the proposed work is ambitious;
- Describe the innovation potential;
- Refer to the results of any patent search carried out.
Exploitation & Dissemination of results
- A plan for dissemination and exploitation plan at proposal stage;
- The plan should contain measure to be implemented both during and after the end of the project.
- Focus on the project results, which address the challenges of the call and contribute to expected impact;
- Outline the strategy for knowledge management and protection;
- Coordinate communication, dissemination and exploitation activities to avoid conflicts and mixed messages.
- Describe how your project will contribute to:
- The expected impacts mentioned in the work programme
- Any substantial impacts, that would enhance innovation capacity; create new market opportunities, strengthen competitiveness and growth of companies, issues related to climate change and benefits for society
- Describe any barriers and any framework conditions that may determine whether and to what extent the expected impacts will be achieved.
- Coherence and effectiveness of the work plan, including appropriateness of the allocation of tasks and resources;
- Complementary of the participants within the consortium
- Appropriateness of the management structures and procedures, including risk and innovation management
Sum up and success factors
- Address IP, Impact and Innovation in all 3 sections of the proposal;
- Get strategic intelligence by analysing the whole landscape (scientific, technical, market, IPR, regulations, standards, etc.), so you can justify the concept, objectives, and methodology.
- Plan to create the project results (work plan)
- Plan to get the project results used (Dissemination and exploitation plan)
- Show that you have the structures and procedures to implement the plans (including innovation management).
- High potential job generating market;
- A highly innovative project that outperforms the competition;
- Marketing plan within 18-24 months;
- Strong ambition for internationalization;
- relation with the priority themes of Europe;
- Simple language (experts are non native speakers);
- Make information easy to find;
- Relevant summary tables, graphs & pictures;
- Be clear on TRL, no room for doubt.